Warning: Parameter 5 to PPCE_CapInterceptor::has_post_cap_vars() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/wp_b6h4bq/news.ctsfw.edu/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Warning: Parameter 5 to PPCE_CapInterceptor::save_post_permissions_maint() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/wp_b6h4bq/news.ctsfw.edu/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 298
Students in F-1 status may be eligible for several types of employment:
- On-campus (school premises) employment is limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session; full-time employment is allowed when classes are not in session. In order to be employed, you must complete an I-9 form. For information and to download the I-9 form, click here.
- Off-campus – Please contact your DSO.
International Students must sign and date the Compliance Policy Form must accompany the I-9 from when applying for a job on campus. This form also applies when applying for CPT and OPT.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT) http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/cpt.htm. CPT must be directly related to the student’s field of study and commensurate with the student’s educational level. The training must be a requirement of the program of study and receive course credit.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) http://www.ice.gov/sevis/students/opt.htm. OPT requires the full-time student to submit an application for work directly related to his/her field of study at least 90 days before the start date.
Why do I need a Social Security Number?
In order to work in the United States, every eligible F-1 student needs a Social Security number (SSN) www.ssa.gov/ssnumber.
Fort Wayne, Indiana, Social Security Office
2122 Lincolnway Court
Fort Wayne, IN 46819
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m.– Noon
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Applying for a Driver’s License in the State of Indiana
When you apply for a new driver’s license, permit or identification card, you must present original versions or certified copies of the following documents:
- One document proving your identity (Passport); and
- One document proving your Social Security number (you will need to apply for a Social Security number if you haven’t already); and
- One document proving your lawful status in the United States (Foreign passport with a Visa and printed I-94 form); and
- Two documents proving your Indiana residency (your I-20 and a letter stating your housing arrangements).
- Download a list of all acceptable documents
Pine Valley license branch
10204 Coldwater Road, Fort Wayne.
View a map of the Fort Wayne – Pine Valley branch and get directions
Make an appointment for the Pine Valley branch.
Note: Scheduling an appointment online for a branch visit does not mean you are scheduling a driving skills test online.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thursday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.